Why is Export of aseptic tomato paste to Benin so popular? Maybe it’s because of the benefits of aseptic packaging. Which we have explained below.
Advantages of aseptic packaging
- Aseptic packages, like any other type of packaging, have various advantages and disadvantages. Examining the advantages and disadvantages of different packages helps us, and especially the manufacturers of different materials, to have the best choice in producing their product. In this part of the article, we have examined the advantages and disadvantages of these packages.
- In recent years, the demand for manufacturers to use aseptic packaging in various product lines has increased; Freedonia Group forecasts that demand for this type of packaging will grow by 6.8 percent and that revenue will reach $ 6.4 billion by 2020. Therefore, there are many benefits to using Aseptic in the packaging industry; For example, the following can be mentioned:
- Increased shelf life: Products packaged with Aseptic will last longer; Because this type of packaging protects its contents for 6 to 12 months without the need for refrigeration. Therefore, manufacturers have more time to sell their products, and on the other hand, customers can keep the purchased items for a while; Without worrying about spoilage and expiration date of the product.
- Reduce distribution and shipping costs: The optimum temperature for storing aseptic packaging is between 20 and 25 degrees Celsius; So there is no need for advanced technology and permanent cooling and transportation costs are reduced. Also, this type of packaging has a smaller volume and is lighter than other types of metal and glass; In this way, it takes up less space and again reduces costs.
- Aseptic packaging contents do not require preservatives: Due to the isolated conditions when sterilizing the packaging, its contents are completely insulated from the penetration of microbes and microorganisms into the package and no preservatives are needed. Therefore, manufacturers can use the consumer’s favorite ingredients without worry to bring better quality products to market. It is interesting to know that aseptic packaging is completely sterilized at a temperature between 91 and 146 degrees Celsius in 2 to 3 seconds.
- Eco-friendly: Aseptic packaging is known as a sustainable and environmentally friendly method; Because it is primarily produced from renewable sources and has 60% less plastic than similar options. Also, less energy is used to produce this type of packaging.
- Maintaining the quality of products: Due to the use of up-to-date technologies in the aseptic packaging process, the products that are placed in this type of packaging will not lose quality; For example, if you taste food packaged with aseptic, it has a pleasant taste and smell. On the other hand, its nutritional value is preserved, but canned foods may react with the metal and lose their properties.
Natural pigments (chlorophyll, anthocyanins, betalaine and carotenoids) are preserved in this type of packaging. Riboflavin, pantothenic acid, biotin, niacin and B6 vitamins are not affected in this package. Vitamins thiamine and B12 up to 10%, folic acid and pyridoxine up to 15% and vitamin C up to 25% are lost due to aseptic process.
Export of tomato paste to Benin
As you know, in the previous section you read about the benefits of aseptic packaging. One of the most popular types of packaging for export is aseptic tomato paste. Which we explained in detail in the previous section. And we explained the reason why it is useful for trading these products. Our company sends large quantities of tomato paste to Benin every year.