A variety of dishes with tomato paste in Madagascar
Madagascar is an African country with beautiful nature and high population. Here are the types of foods that are prepared there with tomato paste:
The influence of French cooking techniques on Madagascar cuisine is quite evident. For example, the people of Madagascar make a very popular soup called Lasopy. It is a combination of beef juice, carrots, horseradish, potatoes, leeks, beans and tomatoes and salt. They cook these vegetables well until they are completely soft and then mash and puree them. And they get thick soup that they like with dry bread or hot and fresh bread. A similar soup is eaten all over France, which is very similar to this soup (Potage Crecy).
Another popular dish cooked in Madagascar is Akoho Misy, which combines chicken with ginger, garlic, onion, cloves, salt and pepper. Which is fried in oil similar to this food in France is called Poulet Saute a la Bordelaise. Which is made of similar materials and the cooking method is the same. Romazava is the national food of Madagascar and each family has its own way of cooking it. This dish is usually eaten with rice for lunch or dinner.
Chicken okra stew and boiled tomato and pepper are also considered as cheap, convenient and affordable foods.
How prepare rice tomato paste and pepper
One of the most delicious and fragrant African dishes is cooked tomato and pepper paste. In the following, we will explain to you how to prepare it in full:
Long grain rice: 6 cups
Olive oil: 3/4 cup
Chicken stock: 4 measures
Curry powder: 1 tbsp
Thyme: 1 tablespoon
Garlic: 4 cloves
Bo leaves: 2 pieces
Grated ginger: 1 tbsp
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Onion: 1 medium
Tomatoes: 1 large
White or black pepper: a little to taste
Sweet pepper: 3 pieces
Tomatoes: 3 pieces
Scotch bent pepper or any favorite pepper: 2 pcs
Onion: 1 chopped
1. In a large saucepan, pour the oil and heat. When the oil is hot, add the grated onion. Fry for about 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
۲. Add the tomato paste. Fry for 5 minutes, then add garlic, ginger and bay leaf. Let it fry in tomato paste for about 2 minutes.
3. Chop the Scotch Bent pepper, bell pepper, tomato and onion and puree in a blender. Add this mixture to the contents of the pot. Of course, you have to do this before frying onions. Let the sauce cook until the water is low. And oil suspended on fried peppers. As the saying goes, it falls into oil.
4. Add thyme, curry powder and salt, as well as black or white pepper, if desired, to taste. Continue cooking for another 2 to 5 minutes.
5. Thoroughly wash the rice and separate the water completely. Now pour it into the pot, stir until it is completely covered by the sauce inside the pot. Add the chicken broth and put the lid on the pot to bring the water to a boil.
6. When it starts to boil, reduce the temperature to medium about 3 to 5 minutes later. And let it steam until the rice water evaporates and the rice cooks.
7. Turn off the gas and put the sliced tomatoes and onions in it and stir a little. Then put the lid on the pot immediately so that the remaining heat in the rice softens and cooks some of your raw vegetables.
8. You can serve this rice with salad, pickle or yogurt. Or even roasted vegetables or grilled chicken or meat.
All spices can be removed or replaced according to your taste.
Sell fragrant tomato paste
For all the foods mentioned above, you should use fragrant tomato paste. Because otherwise the prepared food will not be delicious. Our company has been selling this type of product in Africa for many years. Contact us for preparation.