Are you familiar with Organic tomato paste production process in Europe? What is the price of natural tomato paste?
Industrial tomato paste production process
The production process of industrial tomato paste is fully explained in the following:
- Tomatoes enter the factory in 25 kg baskets or boxes and after weighing, they are placed on the loading platform and the goods are weighed and delivered by controlling the number of boxes with baskets. There is a concrete pool at the loading platform, the floor of which is covered with mesh plates and is full of water. Tomatoes are drained from the basket in the pond water, but the bottom of the pond has a suitable slope.
- The tomatoes are then passed under water showers for final washing and placed on the sorting table. Tomatoes are inspected by workers on both sides of the table as they pass through the sorter, and unsuitable, crushed tomatoes, or other items such as wood, etc. that may accompany the tomatoes are removed from the tomatoes.
- After passing under the shower, the cleaned tomatoes enter the shredder, which consists of a series of movable blades, and cause the tomatoes to be crushed. The chopped tomatoes enter a tank with a volume of about one cubic meter under the shredder called tank balance.
- Chopped tomatoes enter the preheater by the pump menu. The preheater is a horizontal cylindrical device in which smaller diameter steel tubes are placed and steam is circled around the tubes so that the chopped tomatoes pass through these tubes and reach a temperature of about 85-90 degrees Celsius. Heated in the preheater firstly increases the flow efficiency during the filtration stage.
- Secondly, the enzyme pectinase is destroyed and as a result, the produced paste has a suitable viscosity.
- Thirdly, the microbial load is reduced and helps the healing efficiency in the next stages, and due to the disintegration and softening of the tomato tissue, while facilitating the dehydration process, it also reduces the depreciation of the filters.
- Chopped tomatoes enter the strainers after passing through the preheater. These filters are two or three stages so that the difference between the different stages is in the diameter of their nets. The grid of the first stage is with holes with a diameter of one and the second stage is about 0.7 mm. After that, tomato juice enters the formulated tank, which is a steel tank. In these tanks, up to 3% of the weight of the final product is added to the tomato juice of NaCl.
- Tomato juice formulated by the pump enters the condensing boiler. Of course, salt can be added to the final product after leaving the condensing pot, but due to the high impurity in our country and the need to add salt water instead of dry salt, this is more correct if done in a formulated tank.
- The prepared tomato paste is stored in a storage tank from the condensing pot. Tomato paste is filled by filling machine in cans or similar containers.
- After sealing the filled can, it is passed through the steam tunnel so that the temperature of the center of the can reaches 90 degrees Celsius and is pasteurized. After passing through the canal, the steam steam passes under the cold shower so that the temperature of the center of the can decreases from 40 to 38 degrees Celsius. After passing under a cold shower, they pass under a fan that blows hot air and dries.
- The can is then labeled and packed in a carton. The produced product is transported to the product warehouse and after a quarantine period (about 15 days), if the required test results are negative, they can be marketed.
Prices of organic tomato paste in Europe
Tomato paste is one of the most popular products in Europe. Which has a special place in cooking. But this is true if it is prepared organically. This type of paste is grown in special conditions. It has a higher price than ordinary models.