What are tomato paste ingredients Quality in Saudi Arabia? How to sell tomato paste in Riyadh?
History and tomato paste ingredients quality in Riyadh
First we refer to the history of the origin of paste, then to the tomato paste ingredients quality that are popular in Riyadh:
- Tomato paste was first produced in Italian homes and factories. The Italians decided to flavor their pasta. They made a sauce from tomato extract, and so Sicily and other cities in southern Italy became the cradle of tomato paste. Currently, the Mediterranean countries are among the leaders in the production and consumption of tomato paste in the world.
- Tomato paste is a transformative food product. As a tomato extract, it contains a large amount of the mentioned properties of tomatoes. Which is used as a seasoning in most foods. And it is a unique flavoring and coloring.
- In the not-so-distant past, everyone used to cook their own paste traditionally at home. In this traditional method, the tomatoes are washed and soaked in water for a day and chopped. And after a while, press to get the tomato juice out. Then pour it in a strainer to separate the tomato juice from the pulp. After this stage, boil the strained tomato water to thicken it. And tomato paste is obtained and stored in earthenware or glass.
- Tomato Ingredients Of course, ripe tomatoes contain glucose, fructose, sucrose and all major amino acids except tryptophan. The major organic acid in tomatoes is citric acid. Other compounds in tomatoes include pectin, hemicellulose, malic acid, lipids, beta-carotene, vitamin C (ascorbic acid), vitamin A (retinol), vitamin B9 (folic acid), vitamin K (phylloquinone), vitamin E (tocopherol) and tocopherol. B vitamins include B1 (thiamine), B2 (ribofalvin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), various minerals including calcium, phosphorus, potassium, fiber, sodium, sulfur, a little iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, Cobalt, zinc, arsenic and iodine. The amount of ripe fruit color is related to the destruction of chlorophyll and high concentration of carotenoids, especially lycopene.
- The final tomato paste must contain a minimum of 27 and a maximum of 31% soluble solids. The amount of soluble solids in tomato juice is between 7.5-5%. The reason for this difference is the type of farm soil, tomato cultivar and harvest time. After the initial cooking, this value will reach above 25 degrees. And the rest is adjusted to the standard by adding salt.
Selling quality tomato paste in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is a dry country. And buys quality tomato paste from other countries. Because sales are extensive. Here are the differences between the original paste and the counterfeit:
- Tomato paste should be one-handed and free of any impurities and dark particles, tomato peels and kernels. And also free from any nasty taste or odor such as mold or residual odor.
- The only way to prevent problems that may occur with the use of counterfeit paste is to use standard products that have a health license.
- Before opening the lid of the tomato paste, the outer surface of the can should be thoroughly washed with dishwashing liquid and then the lid of the can should be opened. The standard amount of salt is used in it. Otherwise, it increases blood pressure, which is harmful to health.